NAVIGATING DISSATISFACTION IN YOUR RELATIONSHIPS
- Are you struggling to find relationship satisfaction?
- Do you feel dissatisfied with the quality or quantity of your friendships?
- Are you having a difficult time finding the meaningful romantic relationship that you would like?
- Do you struggle in communicating with others and advocating for your needs?
Relationships are big part of life that everyone needs to manage and attend to. Balancing all our different relationships and our own needs can be difficult. It is not always easy to know how to communicate or advocate for ourselves. There are many factors that impact each relationship, that make it hard find relationship satisfaction and happiness.
TYPES OF RELATIONSHIPS IN OUR LIVES:
- Familial relationships: Family dynamics are complicated and can bring a lot of confusion. This is especially true around parents and siblings. Knowing what exactly it is that you want and can expect from your family members is not always so clear cut.You may even feel that if there was no blood relation, you would not have any interest in maintaining some of these relationships. Obligation and responsibility tend to be what keep us involved. It can seem impossible to figure out where the line is between your needs and your responsibilities. This just leads to stress and more conflict.
- Friendships: With our friends, in theory, we have more choice on who we let in to our lives, but this does not make these relationships simple. It is important to feel that there is reciprocity in our friendships, but unfortunately many people struggle to find that. Oftentimes people feel that they are giving more than they are getting or that they are constantly being disappointed. Sometimes it can be hard to even find people that we want to spend our time with. This can lead to feelings of loneliness and sadness.
- Romantic relationships: Many people want to find someone to have a romantic and intimate relationship with. It is not easy to find; dating is hard and you may feel like you want to give up. Even when in a relationship and done with the search, conflict and problems can arise. Romantic relationships bring their own expectations that make them complicated to manage. The entire process, from the search, to building the relationship, to maintaining it, is stressful. It can be confusing, exhausting, and discouraging. It can be hard to make yourself vulnerable and take the risk of getting hurt.
People often find themselves trying to balance all these different relationships with difficulty. Determining how much time to give each of these relationships while making sure everyone is happy is a lot of pressure. It is easy to lose sight of our own needs. This is why it is important to learn relationship skills that will help you navigate this intricate and complex part of life.
RELATIONSHIPS ARE COMPLICATED AND MANY PEOPLE STRUGGLE
It is not easy to navigate relationships and deal with conflict. Learning how to effectively interact with others is difficult and does not necessarily come naturally. Each person has different needs and ways of communicating. This makes it hard for people to sustain all their various relationships. Therefore, developing relationship skills is necessary in order find relationship satisfaction and better manage conflict. Relationship therapy can help provide you with such skills and management tools.
RELATIONSHIP THERAPY CAN HELP YOU FIND THE RELATIONSHIP SATISFACTION YOU ARE SEEKING!
Sometimes the main thing standing in your way is not actually knowing what it is that you want and need. You can’t find satisfaction without first establishing what that would be for you. Through relationship therapy, I will help you figure out what your needs are and what it means for YOU to have relationship satisfaction.
Relationship therapy can help you figure out what obstacles have been keeping you from relationship satisfaction. We will explore the patterns in your relationships and the conflicts that you experience. Then we can deal with and eliminate whatever roadblocks are in your way.
Relationship therapy also provides you with the relationship skills you have been lacking up to this point. You will learn how to better communicate yourself and how to teach people how to communicate with you. With these skills, I will help you become more comfortable and effective in advocating for yourself and your needs. Additionally, relationship skills teach you conflict resolution and stress management as it relates to your relationships.
You don’t have to continue to feel alone, sad, and frustrated. Your relationships do not need to continue to be extremely stressful and disappointing. Let’s work together to bring you relationship satisfaction with your family, friends, and romantic life!
YOU MAY STILL HAVE SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING RELATIONSHIP THERAPY:
WHAT IF THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY EXPECTATIONS ARE TOO HIGH?
Part of the process is examining your thought process and evaluating your expectations. Then we can work on changing the narrative to one that will be more conducive to finding relationship satisfaction. This falls under the piece talked about above, relating to obstacles and roadblocks that have been keeping you from the relationship happiness you want.
I AM OK WITH MOST OF MY RELATIONSHIPS, IT’S JUST ONE PERSON OR ONE AREA THAT I STRUGGLE WITH, WILL RELATIONSHIP THERAPY STILL HELP?
The answer is yes! If you are lacking in one relationship area, that can still have an intense impact on your mental state. Exploring what exactly is going on there, and learning new skills is extremely beneficial.
If in general, you are happy in your relationships, but it is just one particular person, relationship therapy is still valuable. This one relationship seems to have such an impact that it has led you to do research on finding help. That being the case, outside support is just what you need. The same logic as above stands. Exploring what exactly is going on there, and learning new skills, is extremely beneficial.
I AM FEELING DISSATISFIED WITH LIFE IN GENERAL, RELATIONSHIPS ARE JUST ONE AREA, SHOULD I BE FOCUSING ON SOMETHING ELSE FIRST?
Relationship therapy is never just about relationships. Each part of our lives is interconnected, and dealing with one area will have an effect on another. While going through this process, we will address all aspects of your life. We will determine together where to put our focus and how to use these skills to bring you overall life satisfaction.